1. Sepinggan Airport Expansion
Expansion of passenger terminal will be equipped with facilities aerobridge 10-11units, extension of runways, taxiways to 3250 m, the expansion of parking, andexpansion of airport cargo terminal. Plan according to schedule, the project will be completed in 2013.
- Area of Terminal: Being an area of 110,000 m2 from 14,500 m2 in the previous
- Capacity max. passengers: Becoming 10 million / year from previously only able to accommodate 1.7 million / year
- Broad apron: Become 131.372 m2, from the previous 100,372 m2
- Terminal concept: It will be two levels / tiers, of which only 1 previous level
- Aviobridges: Will be equipped with 11 units
- Check in counters: 76 counters will be increased from the previous only 25 counters
- Baggage Handlng: Shorter conveyor with bar code from the previous system whichonly uses the Manual
- Capacity of parking: Will be able to accommodate about 2.300an car units plus 22 units of Bus
2. Stadion PERSIBA Balikpapan
It was built on an area of approximately 18 hectares will stand with a variety of Olympic-standard sports facilities. Facilities to be constructed include a football stadium with a capacity of 30,000 seatscomplete with all supporting facilities such as the FIFA standard press conference,two gyms (GOR) for volley ball, badminton. tennis courts, indoor soccer arenas, theme parks, a large parking area, trackathletics, swimming infiltration and equipped sportmall basketball arena.
- Category: A
- Capacity: 30,000 seats.
3. Kariangau Industrial Zone
Precisely located in the north of Balikpapan in the district Kariangau accessible by sea (bay Balikpapan) and landline km.13 Balikpapan-Samarinda.
Several supporting infrastructure projects in progress :
- 2×100 MW power plant by PLN
- 2×15 MW power plant by PT. Aberdeen Powers(Bayan)
- Container Ports by Pelindo / Provincial Governments / City Government
- Balang as a bridge connecting the island with the Balikpapan city district of Paser Penajam Utara
- Road access to the industrial Zona will be connected by bridges Island Freeway Balang and Balikpapan – Samarinda and Sepinggan International Airport.
Pre-Cast Concrete Factory By PT. Balikpapan Ready Mix
Port development progress